These examples will help you understand how much small changes in the neighbourhood cost and what kind of ideas can be implemented. However, these examples are only indicative, and we warmly welcome creative ideas.
Examples of ideas that could be implemented:
- A bench in a park: Costs for acquiring and installing a bench in a park are approximately €500–1,000. Maintenance costs are part of regular maintenance.
- Rubbish bins to the school yard: Acquiring and installing rubbish bins costs approximately €500–1,000 / bin.
- Communal planting of flower bulbs: Planting costs approximately €1,000–4,000. The costs arise from creating the seedbed and acquiring the bulbs, among other things. The communal planting could be implemented in, for example, a park area where traffic does not create a safety risk.
- A summer flower box in a square, park or a property yard: Acquisition of the box and plants and planting the flowers costs approximately €500–1,000.
- Outdoor exercise equipment: The costs for acquiring and installing one piece of outdoor exercise equipment is approximately €7,000.
Ideas that cannot be implemented:
- Large playground equipment (e.g. a large slide) or a completely new playground are too expensive to acquire and build. They also require a lot of planning, and their maintenance creates constant costs.
- A new dog park would also be too expensive to implement. The locations of dog parks are restricted, and their planning is slow.
- Basic maintenance, e.g. asphalting and fixing kerbs, are part of regular maintenance.
- Extensive reconstruction, such as the comprehensive renewal of a park, playground or an exercise area, is too expensive and slow and requires a lot of planning. In addition, we do not want to invest in locations that will anyway undergo reconstruction in the near future, as the enjoyment and benefit would be short-term. For example, in Martinlaakso, the reconstruction of Vihertie residential park will likely occur in 2023 and, in Hakunila, the reconstruction of the sports park is already under way.